- Most FAQs
- I have questions about my Lifeline Eligibility with Easy Wireless.
- I have questions about my Service Plan or Features with Easy Wireless.
- I have questions about the Annual Recertification process with Easy Wireless.
- Repair questions about my service/ Replacement Policy of my handset with Easy Wireless.
Although eligibility varies by state, you may qualify for Easy Wireless if you participate in Medicaid, SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Section 8/Federal Public Housing, TANF, LIHEAP, or other government programs in your state. You may also qualify if your total household income meets government poverty guidelines in your state. Click “How To Qualify” to see eligibility criteria for your state.
You will be required to provide proof of identity. Proof of Identity can be provided with a government issued photo ID card, such as a Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Military Card, Veteran’s Card, passport, etc. ID must have your name and an identifying picture. The name on the ID will be the name of the applicant that receives the service.
You will be required to provide proof of eligibility. If you are applying based on a government program, you will need to provide a copy of your benefit card, award letter, statement of benefits from a case worker, lease (if Section 8), check stub (if SSI), etc. If you are applying based on income eligibility, you will need to provide a copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return or 3 consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs, Social Security benefits statement, Veterans Administration benefits statement, Retirement/Pension benefits statement, divorce decree or child support document, or Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement.
If the name on the proof of eligibility does not match the name of the applicant, a beneficiary statement will be required. The Company will need to know how the person eligible for Lifeline is related to you, and you must certify that this person is not receiving Lifeline from Easy Wireless, or any other company.
You may be required to provide proof of address. Proof of address is a cable bill, electric bill, water bill, or gas bill in your name at the address where you are applying for service.
Please remember to send copies of these documents (not originals) since they will NOT be returned.
Your phone may be in a “hotline” status, or in a suspended status. You may be out of minutes. Please call 611, or 1-877-476-3451, to check your balance through the automated options, or call one of those numbers and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you. You can add minutes to your handset by purchasing additional minutes through the automated system or through a customer service representative. Minutes are added to your account immediately upon receipt of payment and phone is un-hotlined and ready for use. Service may be hotlined if it is time for your annual recertification and you have remained unresponsive to requests for recertification. Service may also be hotlined if it is determined that your eligibility is unverified or if duplicate lifeline subsidies may be suspected. Contacting a customer service representative can usually clear up the matter and un-hotline the phone.
Federal regulatory authorities require that at least once per year customers must certify (or recertify) their eligibility to participate in the federal Lifeline Assistance program. This is a quick process, lasting no more than a few minutes. You can recertify your Lifeline eligibility through one of the following methods:
- Responding to a call made from the Company to your Easy Wireless telephone number and going through the automated process by responding to a few questions with a yes or no. This call will be recorded.
- Responding to a call made from the Company to your Easy Wireless telephone number and speaking with a customer service representative who will ask a few questions to recertify your eligibility. This call will be recorded.
- Going to the Company website and click on the “Recertify your Lifeline Eligibility” link.
Downloading a Lifeline Self Certification form from the Company’s website, filling it out entirely and mailing it back to the Company at the address on the form.
Yes, certain restrictions apply:
- Easy Wireless is only available to individuals who participate in a qualifying government program or are income eligible.
- You are allowed to have Lifeline on a Wireless service or on a Wireline service, but not on both.
- Only one wireless or landline Lifeline account is allowed per household and service is non-transferable.
- The address you provide for your phone service must be your place of residence, whether permanent or temporary.
- You must notify the Company within 30 days if you move to a new address.
- You must reside in the State for which you are receiving Lifeline benefits.
- You must notify the Company immediately if you are no longer eligible for Lifeline, if you receive Lifeline from another company, or if your device is damaged, lost, or stolen. (Easy Wireless does have a handset replacement policy. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.)
Easy Wireless participation is subject to the Easy Wireless Terms and Conditions found on www.myeasywireless.com
To find more information about your Easy Wireless phone, visit www.myeasywireless.com/manuals/ and find the manual for your particular device. You can also find on the Easy Wireless website, the hearing aid compatibility reports of the previous year. Your model should be listed with Spec information available. You can also go to the FCC website at http://wireless.fcc.gov/hac/index.htm?job=home to find out information regarding hearing aid compatibility for your model or brand of phones.
In order to continue receiving your Lifeline service from Easy Wireless, at least once per year, you must certify that you still qualify for Federal Lifeline Assistance based on participation in certain public assistance programs such as Medicaid, Food Stamps/SNAP, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).You may also continue to qualify if your total household income is at or below applicable Federal Poverty Guideline thresholds based on family size.
Call us at 1-877-476-3451 and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you in the application process. You can print an application online, or you can apply at one of our store locations. For a store located near you please click on www.myeasywireless.com/store-locator/
We will let you know when it is time for you to complete your annual recertification by sending calls and texts to your Easy Wireless device. Do not ignore these calls. We have several ways for you to certify- choose the one that’s easiest for you:
- Easy Wireless will call you, and during this call you can press 9 to recertify your Lifeline eligibility through an automated recording.
- You can call Easy directly to re-certify by using your Easy Wireless phone to call our automated phone line at 611 or 1-877-476-3451 and follow the prompts.
- Visit www.myeasywireless.com and click on the “Re-certify your Lifeline Eligibility” link.
- Complete, sign and mail a paper certification form you can download from the www.myeasywireless.com website. The form can be mailed to the address provided on the form, or if you prefer, you can fax or email the form to the address provided on the form.
Don't panic. Take another look around and try to find your phone. If you still can't locate your phone, let us know right away and we'll suspend service. That way, once your service is suspended, no one can use your remaining balance. We can help you get a replacement phone. You can receive a replacement phone at any of our Easy Wireless Stores or we usually can have one mailed to you in just a few days. We'll transfer any remaining balance in your account to your replacement phone. Call us at 611, or 1-877-476-3451 to speak with a customer service representative and request a new phone. Easy Wireless offers a $20 discount on replacement phones. Phone prices vary with models beginning at $20 and go up from there. Please see terms and conditions for our replacement policy.
Easy Wireless is FREE to most eligible customers. There are no bills, long-term contracts or activation fee. Pricing is for domestic calls and messaging &/or data. All domestic text prices are to send and receive.
- Kentucky & Missouri Lifeline customers receive a FREE phone plus 250 minutes, 250 texts and 25MB of data, FREE each month.
- Oklahoma Tribal Lifeline customers receive a FREE phone plus 2250 minutes, unlimited text and 50MB of data for just $1.00/month.
- Oklahoma Lifeline customers receive a FREE phone plus 250 minutes, 250 texts and 25MB of data, FREE each month.
An invoice will be sent via text directly to their handset each month for customers with a monthly paying plan. This bill is required to be paid each month by the due date. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Your Easy Wireless phone comes with a 48-hour warranty from the Company. If you experience an equipment malfunction, call us at 611 or 1-877-476-3451 and we will send you to the closest store for a replacement handset or arrange for a replacement mobile phone to be mailed to your address on file. After 48 hours, Easy Wireless offers a $20 discount on replacement phones. Phone prices vary with models beginning at $20 and go up from there. Please see terms and conditions for our replacement policy.
Easy Wireless will begin sending you friendly notices that recertification is coming up. These notices will begin 90 days before it is time for you to recertify. Easy Wireless will send a notice to you 30 days before you are due to be recertified with a firm date recertification must be completed. All recertifications must be received prior to the required response date. The response date is usually one year from the last certification received date, or no later than December 31st.
Easy Wireless understands that these things can happen. Therefore, Easy Wireless tries to have a lenient handset replacement policy. Easy Wireless offers a $20 discount on replacement phones. Phone prices vary with models beginning at $20 and go up from there. Please see terms and conditions for our replacement policy.
All Easy Wireless plans come with the following features at no additional cost:
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Voice Mail*
- Call Forwarding*
- Three-Way Calling*
- Free access to 411
- 611 short-code to call Customer Service
*Some features will deduct from your minute balance when in use. For instance, Voice Mail will deduct from your minutes if you check your messages from your handset. Voice Mail does not deduct from your minutes if you check messages from a landline. Use of Three-Way and Call Forwarding will deduct from your minutes while the call is in progress.
If you need more minutes or texts, you have 4 plans to choose:
- 150 Anytime Talk & Text minutes - $5
- 300 Anytime Talk & Text minutes - $10
- 600 Anytime Talk & Text minutes - $20
- 1000 Anytime Talk & Text minutes - $30
All voice packages come with texting. These plans are in addition to the 1000 Minutes of Voice and Texts you already receive each month. These additional minutes purchased are good for 30 days from the date of purchase and do not rollover if they are not used. Pricing for domestic calls and messaging only. All domestic text prices are to send and receive.
Not all Easy Wireless plans include data. Data is a feature available to an Easy Wireless customer for an additional fee. Data is only available in select areas, and will only be available to customers with a data capable device or Smart Phone. If your device is data ready, you have 4 additional Top Ups to choose:
- 128 MB of Data - $5
- 256 MB of Data - $10
- 512 MB of Data - $20
- 1GB of Data - $30
Easy Wireless does not offer International Calling plans at this time.
You can add minutes to your service in one of the following ways:
- From your phone:
Dial 611 from your handset and select the Top Up option from the automated options. You can pay for your minutes with a debit card or credit card directly from your phone.
Dial 611 or 1-877-476-3451 and select the option to speak with a customer service representative. You can pay for your minutes with a debit card or credit card over the phone with a rep.
Upon application approval and receipt of your Easy Wireless phone, you will need to follow the directions included in the welcome package to activate your phone. You will need to provide the last 4 digits of your social security number in order to complete activation. Once your phone is activated, you will receive your first month’s plan with the minute package you selected. You will continue to receive your minutes of voice and text every month until you no longer qualify for the program. The minutes arrive on your handset automatically each month on your cycle renewal date. If your service was connected on the 10th of the month, you will continue to receive minutes on the 10th of each month. The only exception to this would be plans activated on the 28th of February or 31st of the longer months, as these minutes may top up on the 30th or on the 1st depending on the system cycle.
Yes. You may switch to the plan with 250 Free minutes by calling 611, or 1-877-476-3451 and select the option to speak with a customer service representative. The new plan will be activated on your next monthly account cycle. Please note that the 100 minute plan includes texts and unused minutes rollover to the next month. The 250 minute plan does not include text and unused minutes do not rollover. Remember that the new plan you selected will be activated on your next monthly account cycle.